Friday, September 3, 2010

Apple Spiders

After our spider web fun, I made the kids these Flickr inspired , apple snacks.


For the webs, I used drizzled lines of butterscotch ice cream topping. Though of course, caramel would work, too.


The spider bodies are quartered apples, with the core removed.






The legs are another quarter apple, for each spider, cut into four slices, then in half again.

And, the eyes, are half a marshmallow each, just kind of stuck onto the top of the apple, topped with chocolate chips.

Raisins would be healthier, but who am I kidding?

It's great to be a homeschooler.

11 comments:

Amy A @ Child Central Station said...

I love these! Cute, and yummy too!

Christy Killoran said...

I love them. My kids would not eat the raisins either. These will be a hit in my house - my kids love to dip apple slices in caramel or butterscotch.

Phyllis said...

These would be really cute for Halloween.

Joyful Learner said...

I have to entertain friends with these for Halloween! It looks so yummy!

Ticia said...

I never thought to look for ideas on flickr

I bet they ate them up

Unknown said...

Since we recently went apple picking, I think we will have to try these out!

Debbie said...

These look so cute and yummy!

Yaya' s Home said...

Oh, these are just too cute. Thanks for sharing.

~ Yaya

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

How fun and perfect for this time of year! Thanks so much for this, I'll be linking.

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

These spiders & webs are so cute! I am going to share this with my grandchildren!

Nice stopping by to visit with you!
Kindly, ldh

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Your kids are way too lucky! Those spiders look very yummy!