Monday, April 25, 2011

Lamb Cookies Take Two

I mentioned this morning, that things are getting back to normal around our house. If you read this blog at all, then I'm sure you knew another plate of cookies was on the way.


Actually, we made these lamb cookies just before Easter, as part of our hunt for the Lamb activity (click here, for an explanation of that), but they were so much fun to make, I thought I'd share them, even though Easter is over.

We started with plain sugar cookie dough, mixing half of it with a couple of teaspoons of baker's cocoa, as we often do.


We rolled out the dough, and cut our "lamb shapes" with a flower cookie cutter.




But, I wanted to leave off the frosting this time, so they'd be easier to place into baggies, for hiding. Which is why we had the chocolate dough, so we could cut out face circles, with a cleaned pop bottle cap...


...and replace two vanilla petals, with chocolate petals, for feet.


Then, we smooshed a small ball of chocolate dough into a circle, and cut it in half for ears, to be placed on the cookies just above the face circles.


Finally, all that was left was to use small bits of both doughs, rolled into balls, and smooshed again, for eyes, and noses...


...and our cookies were ready to bake - ideally for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees, but I popped ours in the oven right as we started our Resurrection Cookie activity, which we became so engrossed in, we didn't hear the timer buzz, and left them in a little longer.


But, you get the idea, right?

It's great to be a homeschooler.

8 comments:

Phyllis said...

Those are very cute. You guys have lots of practice at practical gemoetry with your cookies!

Christy Killoran said...

They are SO cute!!!!!!! I have to make these.

Annette W. said...

Adorable...and yet another sugar cookie masterpiece!

Lisa said...

Those are just too cute! My girls would love these!

Ticia said...

Those are cute. I had planned to do resurrection cookies this year, and then cooked all my eggs for decorating, and was not going out again to the store on Saturday.

Debbie said...

These are so cute!

Elise said...

I love stopping by here and seeing the clever and creative things you have been up to.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

I agree - this is geometry at its best. Very cute cookies!